After years and years of struggling with the enormous task of packing for our many trips, the light in my tired brain has switched to "ON". Reflection on the hours of planning and list making and actually packing and then unpacking and putting it all away has caused me to question the effectiveness of my established method. Additionally, after leaving on any number of trips only to discover, too late that I inadvertently:
a) brought the wrong things
b) brought too many things
c) didn't bring enough things
d) didn't bring enough of the right things,
I decided my system needs a few modest modifications.
Effective immediately, the following edict has been issued:
"From now on, each person leaving on said excursion shall be allowed to bring along one item only: a toothbrush. You will each sleep in your birthday suit. I will, if facilities allow, wash and dry the outfit you were wearing and return it to you before breakfast. If facilities are unavailable, you will simply wear said outfit another day when facilities will, hopefully, become available."
Imagine how simple that would be . . . ahhhhh . . . I'm already more relaxed.
My new packing list:
1) Keys
2) Toothbrush
3) Laundry detergent
When do we leave?

0 comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear what you think!