The Tabernacle kept us so busy, it was hard to think of anything else. In fact, Kregg spent 10 out of the 11 nights that the Tabernacle was set up providing overnight security by sleeping on site in our travel trailer. Bless his heart! He was so sweet, insisting that I get to go home each night and rest.
But, here and there as I could, I secretly made plans.
We help with the youth at church on Sunday nights, but it became obvious pretty quickly that there were no other nights open in our calendar for weeks and weeks that would allow Caleb to come home from college and Jeremiah, Hannah and Samuel to come into town. So our youth pastor agreed to teach for us and for the other couple we had invited. He even sent out a phony email to all the youth helpers saying that we all had the night off, so that Kregg wouldn't become suspicious or insist on being there to help.
So here's the plan we ended up with: we would drive to the deer lease on Thursday (about 160 miles), then on to Abilene on Friday afternoon for ACU's Homecoming festivities (another 160 miles), where we went to the musical Friday evening, the parade Saturday morning and then drove home (another 160 miles) about 9:30 Saturday evening, in order to be at church Sunday morning. That afternoon, I told Kregg I wanted to take him to dinner. Little did he know that Jeremiah and Hannah were driving in from Lubbock with Samuel, and that my in-laws and Caleb were driving in from Abilene.
Bless his heart, he had been working on all the accounting from The Tabernacle Experience all afternoon. I asked him if we could leave about 5:30 so that I could stopped by Target to get a gift card for a shower I had missed. The real goal was to get him out of the house so Jeremiah and Hannah could come by and pick up the four youngest kids and have them at the restaurant by 10 til 6.
He had NO idea what was coming! It was perfect!
For his finale, he juggled flaming salt and pepper shakers.
It was a precious evening and Kregg loved every minute of it. I am so thankful because he is a tough customer when it comes to surprises!
Happy 50th birthday, Sweetheart!!! I adore you!
0 comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear what you think!