![]() |
| The three of us at Lake Louise |
It's actually Monday, but for three glorious days we were completely "untethered" with no internet, television, etc., and so this is my first opportunity to give it a try. The rules say (I'm paraphrasing) just write for 5 minutes, without fixin' stuff. Then just see what happens. It's unnerving, but as a mother of seven I already live "on the edge", so how bad can it be??
Here goes nothin' . . .
Five years ago, our oldest child was a senior in high school. For years we had been saving airline miles, hoping to go on a big trip. We realized there was a flaw in our plan, though, because airlines don't allow you to redeem 9 tickets on a single flight. Our whole family would not be able to travel together. So, Plan B was this: as each of our seven children graduate from high school, Kregg and I would take them on a trip. They would get to choose our destination (within reasonable limits). They would experience life as an only child, if only for a few days. And Kregg and I would then get to take 7 trips instead of one! I think I really like Plan B.
For Hannah's trip, she chose to go to Banff. Yes, I do like Plan B.
Kregg, Hannah, and I explored the Canadian Rockies for three glorious days.
Life as the oldest of seven children is wonderful. But it was such a precious gift that we gave ourselves to spend those few days with just her. And in amazing surroundings such as those mountains, we all marveled at His Glory. And we reveled in the most precious gift of all: time with our loved ones.
Time's up.


0 comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear what you think!