![]() |
| She is 12 now and such a blessing, so healthy! |
Okay. This is my first attempt at a 5 Minute Friday prompt. My brain just doesn't work this way so it was really a stretch. Throwing caution to the wind, here's what I have to offer on Friendship. She says no editing, etc. So venture forward at your own peril.
The news was a shock. Our newborn baby girl needed to be in isolation. Get her out of the hospital now. Take her home. Masks. Gowns. No one can be around her. She could die.
Three other children at home waiting to greet their new sister. Instead we have to say, "Stay back. You can't come near. She could catch something."
Still reeling. Leaving the hospital. So many questions. What do we do now? How will we take care of this, and this, and this???
When we, filled with all questions, come home with our precious bundle, scared, we find friends. Lots of friends. They have cleaned our bedroom and set it up as an isolation ward. They have prepared an impromptu welcome home party so, regardless of how this plays out, we have happy pictures of her homecoming. There's a cake and a sign and all our kids and presents and party hats.
Meals are delivered to our door.
Our three other kids are whisked away and tended and loved.
I hear the lawn mower start up and realize the yard is being mowed.
Our friends carried us through until we could stand again.
That's Love.
And that's actually 5 1/2 minutes. Oops! This is really hard. I write slowly. But it was fun
to try.
Since I published this post, there have been questions about what happened, so here is the link to the rest of this story: Consecrated to God

0 comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear what you think!